Jersey Oil and Gas plc (``JOG``) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. This privacy notice tells you about the information we collect. In collecting this information we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Personal data is information that can identify a specific individual such as name, physical and/or email address and telephone number. If during your visit to this website you submit personal information, you are agreeing to provide us with that personal information. You agree and acknowledge that it will be used to provide the information or services you request.
Who are we?
We are Jersey Oil and Gas plc. Our registered office is: 10 The Triangle, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham NG2 1AE. Our trading address is: Howard House, 9 The Esplanade, St Helier Jersey, Channel Islands JE2 3QA. You can contact us by post at either address or by telephone on +44(0) 1534 858 622.
What personal data do we collect?
- Individuals who provide us with personal data by corresponding with us via email. The personal data that we may process will include personal or professional contact details including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Individuals who subscribe to news alerts from the Company by registering their details through our website. The personal data we will process about you include name, email address, phone number, occupation and Company.
- Suppliers and potential suppliers: personal data processed will include personal/professional contact details: address, telephone numbers, email addresses, details of bank accounts and/or other payment details.
- Potential employees: the personal data we will process about you will include your name, address, contract details, including telephone number and email address, details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history, information about your current level of remuneration and entitlement to benefits, whether or not you have a disability that we may need to make adjustments to accommodate and any other information you may provide us.
- Shareholders: personal data processed will include name and address.
- Anyone one provides us with their information through all social media: including, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Why do we collect this information?
Where individuals who correspond with the Company ask a general question, we will process personal data about you in our legitimate interests in order to respond to your query or request for information.
Personal data provided to the Company by suppliers or potential suppliers will be used in order to respond to enquiries, comply with the Company’s policies and procedures, enter into agreements regarding the provision of services, manage relationships, pay for goods and services and comply with any applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
For potential employees, if your job application is unsuccessful, we will retain your personal data for one year after the date we inform you that your application was unsuccessful.
As a shareholder, personal information is held in order to provide you with information on the Company which we are required to do as a result of legal obligations such as the publication of the annual report and the calling of a general meeting of the shareholders of the Company.
Any personal information obtained through social media sites will be used to reply to any enquires received through these mediums of communication.
Who do we share your information with?
Personal data may be shared with all companies within the Jersey Oil and Gas plc group.
Personal information may also be shared with service providers used by Company to process information on our behalf. Third parties will be required to only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their services.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator, stock exchange or any other legal process served on the Jersey Oil and Gas plc group which reasonably requires such information. In the event that JOG is subject to a takeover, divestment or acquisition, we may disclose your personal information to the new owner of the business.
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do we keep your information?
Personal information is held for six years, after which it may be deleted or aggregated so that it no longer directly identifies you.
Your rights over your information
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information, or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
You are entitled to request the following from Jersey Oil and Gas plc:
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to the processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about the use of your information by JOG, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at https://ico.org.uk or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
You may be aware that there is a technology called “cookies”. These are small text files that are transferred from the website to the hard drive of your computer.
Details of the cookies we use are as follows.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, such as printing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages are visited most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember the volume level you prefer to use when watching videos on our website. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. For more information, please refer to: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. Your web browser may allow some control of most cookies through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that you may delete and block all cookies used by this website, but if you do so parts of the site may not work.